Re: WP: Attack On Internet Called Largest Ever

  • From: Jamie C. Pole
  • Date: Wed Oct 23 01:53:09 2002

Aha!

But remember that we are constantly being told that there is no longer a
shortage of qualified network engineers and security professionals...

I guess the definition of "qualified" has changed...  I wonder where all of
the people who use to yell "We need more CISSP's!!!!" have gone?  Yet
another in a long series of worthless certifications...

When the volume (instead of the level of sophistication) of an attack
becomes the only meaningful measure of its severity, perhaps we are being
shown that just maybe there still IS a shortage of qualified network
engineers and security professionals...

It's a terrible thing when the most "competent" assessment of an attack
comes from a "company spokesperson", rather than someone just a little more
technical...

Oh, well...

Jamie