Re: future transit prices

  • From: joe mcguckin
  • Date: Fri Oct 18 15:53:33 2002

How do you compute CGS on a network that is 25% utilized? Is it
expenses/current utilization or expenses/maximum capacity?

I think a lot of the low-ball pricing that is in the market is the result of
networks selling off underutilized capacity at discounted pricing just to
get some additional cash flow. This pricing probably doesn't take into
account the necessary capex that will be required to upgrade the network
when it approaches saturation.