Re: UUNET is not the Internet (and neither is AOL)

  • From: Vicky O. Mair
  • Date: Sun Oct 06 18:35:53 2002

Hi there,

What really confuses the heck out of me is that a company this size can't control/monitor their change management??. Then again not having all the facts has had everyone perplexed.

later,
vicky

At 07:38 PM 10/5/2002 -0400, you wrote:

On Sat, 5 Oct 2002, Tim Thorne wrote:
> After reading all the stories about what supposedly happened does
> anyone know what really happened? Did UUNet US really do an IOS
> upgrade on a sizable proportion of their border routers in one go?
> This seems like suicide to me. What possible reason could there be for
> a network-wide roll out of an untested IOS apart from being in the
> mire already?

Corporate culture is the hardest thing to change in a company. You'll need
to talk with your Worldcom account rep about what happened, and what
Worldcom intends to do about it.  In the past, Worldcom has not been very
open or transparent when it has had network problems.