wierd problem

  • From: Mitchell S. Baltuch
  • Date: Thu Oct 03 16:01:49 2002

I have a client who is having a problem with DNS. Most everyone can reach their web sites and send email, except those on attbi.com and rmi.net. For those people, dns lookups fail approximately 50% of the time. The domain used to be owned by someone who use rmi.net to host the domain. As far as I can tell, the gTLD servers return a correct response, and every other ISP appears to resolve the domain correctly. I have had no luck talking to ATT and RMI (earthlink) support (no surprise there). Any ideas how to diagnose this further.

Thanks,
Mitch

--
Mitchell S. Baltuch