Re: AP IX locations

  • From: Paul Vixie
  • Date: Sun Sep 29 02:10:30 2002

> >I would confirm GM's assertion.  Also, if you have the luxury of caring
> >more about a smaller set of large-capacity Tier1 private peers, there is
> >some presence of AsiaPac providers doing this at Equinix SJ.
>
> Actually Equinix-Los Angeles has more Asian based Networks coming in for
> turn-up in October than any other region from details gathered this
> week.  Chunghwa is in as of this week.  SingTel, Japan Telecom, Hanaro, are
> on track for peer-ready in October.  DACOM is considering, etc.

so what does that make telehouse-la after all these years... chopped liver?
there have been Plenty of asian isp's in los angeles for Quite a while now.

there also seems to be a PAIX switch inside 1 Wilshire now.  (mfn's chap.11
filing having sawn off any hope we had of opening PAIX-LA.)
--
Paul Vixie