Re: any known users of NetRange 172.16.0.0 - 172.31.255.255

  • From: Tony Rall
  • Date: Thu Sep 26 23:35:12 2002
On Friday, 2002-09-27 at 03:14 GMT, "E.B. Dreger"
<[email protected]> wrote:
> It's difficult for TCP to work when there's no return path,
> unless one has highly-predictable ISNs.  Chances are it's
> "inside" the network.

Perhaps you missed the point where the original problem was with an email
address:

" I have this very odd email address found with one of our employees....
<[email protected]>"

Email addresses, in fact everything in rfc822 headers, are unrelated to
tcp connectivity issues.  If the employee got the email I'm willing to
assume there was connectivity.  If you wish, I can describe exactly how
such an address could be in the rfc822 From header of a message that could
be delivered to you - even if 172.17.0.1 is the address of the originating
device and you have no way of reaching that address.

Tony Rall