Re: Fiber Cut, TX?

  • From: Marius Strom
  • Date: Wed Sep 25 16:38:17 2002

To summarize, I've heard back from folks in San Antonio that are using
these folks for transit and/or fiber without problem.  I've also heard
of an AT&T cut in Houston that effects KMC in Beaumont, Nederland, and
Pascagoula.  Also heard of an SBC fiber cut in Crosby, with no ETR.

Further information from folks at the QwestDial NOC (good guys there!)
is that KMC is saying it's a fiber cut in Houston in a heavily
trafficked area, and they can't get to the fiber to repair it until
TxDOT or the county or whoever is responsible for the road/highway shuts
it down for traffic at 6pm so the splicing crews can get to it.

*sigh* I wish my .signature didn't hold true.

--
Marius Strom           | Always carry a short length of fibre-optic cable.