Re: Pricing model for transit services

  • From: alex
  • Date: Tue Sep 24 09:51:43 2002

> Also, some large ISP's have a policy that you must buy the whole pipe
> unmetered if your commit is >50% pipe speed.

The beauty of current economic situation is that should that ever be someone
to claim that one's answer can always be "Why dont you pass me to your
manager" at which point the problem gets resolved into the buyers favour. It
does sometimes require pointing out the the manager that their company had
been missing its own revenue guidance.

> And there are at least 4 ways of computing 95th percentile, though I'm sure
> there've already been threads on this.

There is only one way of computing 95th percentile. Since it is math, it is
very black and white. There are multiple ways of defining what are the
inputs of 95th percentile.

Alex