Re: Whitehouse Tackels Cybersecurity

  • From: Eric A. Hall
  • Date: Wed Sep 18 11:22:36 2002

on 9/18/2002 10:12 AM Sean Donelan wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Sep 2002 [email protected] wrote:
>
>>A little flavor of what I'd alluded to in some of the previous
>>threads.  Any guesses what the proposal to change both BGP and DNS to
>>improve security might entail??
>
> The official document should be posted on WhiteHouse.GOV later today.

Is it on again?

  Feds Delay Release of Cyber-Security Plan

  September 17, 2002

  The White House has decided to delay the release of its long-awaited
  cyber-security plan in an effort to gain more input from industry
  executives and government officials.

  Richard Clarke, chairman of the President's Critical Infrastructure
  Protection Board, has been planning for months to release the National
  Strategy to Secure Cyberspace Wednesday at a high-level event in Silicon
  Valley. But the board instead will release a draft of the strategy and
  will go back to private industry and public sector experts to seek more
  suggestions for the final plan, according to sources.

  [...]