Re: Recent NANOG postings

  • From: Richard A Steenbergen
  • Date: Mon Sep 16 12:06:14 2002

On Sun, Sep 15, 2002 at 02:29:18PM -0700, [email protected] wrote:

> I am very pleased to see the recent decrease in off-topic postings.  I
> was having great difficulty blocking mail.
>
> Husan R. Sarris, Ph.D. (Pig-headed Dictator)
> Nerit Metwork

You know, there is a fine line between funny and stupid. Parody emails are
funny when done occasionally, but not every other post. This is why the
joke RFC's only come out once a year, on April 1st.

I realize you are trying to beat the useless, idiotic, and off-topic
posters into submission, but do you really think its helping? Just look at
the list for your results. All it does is make them think that useless and
off-topic posts like this one are allowed and commonplace here.

Lets all try to grow up just a tiny bit more, maybe get back to discussing
networking instead of acting like a middle school playground?

P.S. I like "Player Hater Degree" better. :)