RE: BGP Default Route

  • From: Lupi, Guy
  • Date: Sat Sep 14 16:30:44 2002

I see what you are saying, and I understand that the default route would be
originated per neighbor, or per peer group for all neighbors within that
peer group.  My biggest concern is that if the aggregation router with this
configuration was to lose connectivity back to the routers which provide it
with external routing information, it would still announce the default to
that neighbor.  Do you feel that this is an acceptable risk, taking into
consideration that the aggregation router has redundant connectivity to
those routers that provide it with it's external routing information and it
is highly unlikely that the router would lose it's view of the world?