Re: Strange internet activity

  • From: David Van Duzer
  • Date: Sat Sep 14 16:24:19 2002

Are the requests coming in on port 443? This might be a probe or attempt
at exploiting the OpenSSL worm that's supposed to be running around.
There's been some discussion on bugtraq, and there's a mirrored archive
at http://msgs.securepoint.com/cgi-bin/get/bugtraq0209/104.html

Someone may have written an exploit to probe using code for all
architectures indiscriminately.  Unfortunately, www.securityfocus.com
seems to be "undergoing scheduled maintenance" and with this wonky DNS
update going on, I'm not even sure I'm hitting the right server.  Oh
well.

-dvd