RE: IP over in-ground cable applications.

  • From: Deepak Jain
  • Date: Thu Sep 12 15:07:20 2002

You would need multicast speakers (routers, etc) along the cable route to
effectively multiple your bandwidth at all. Since cable is already
multicasting (1 stream to many/all) I don't think I see any advantage.

Unless, of course, you expect cable customers to be broadcasting to other
cable customers (say their own home video content)... Then MPEG2 Multicast
would be your friend.

Deepak