Re: IP address fee??

  • From: Sabri Berisha
  • Date: Fri Sep 06 04:01:54 2002

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002, Owens, Shane (EPIK.ORL) wrote:

Hi,

> Quick question, does there exist a practice of charging customer for IP
> address blocks used?  My theory is that the first Class C is included with
> the service, but I'm wondering what happens when the customer wants 2,3,4 or
> more?

Here (my employer is in the RIPE region) I have my customers who want
larger then a /30 fill in a RIPE-219 (address request form) and check if
they can justify the use. If they can justify the use the get the IP's
without paying any additional fee. I quick poll on IRC revealed that
this is quite common practice on this side of the big pool.

--
Sabri Berisha  - www.cluecentral.net -   "I route, therefore you are"
      - nooit meer naar Bonaire: http://nu.nl/document?n=59946 -