RE: IP address fee??

  • From: Derek Samford
  • Date: Thu Sep 05 13:41:47 2002

Title: Message

Shane,

            There is a practice on that (At least here.). Generally we provide a Class C to our customers at no additional charge, but we have been charging recently for the use of additional blocks. After all, we have to pay those charges to ARIN, and we do need to defer those costs down to the customer if they are going to use a chunk of the address space. At some point we’ll need to get more, and that only increases are costs. Gone are the days when the carrier’s eat all the side costs.

Derek