RE: AT&T NYC

  • From: alex
  • Date: Fri Aug 30 08:31:17 2002

> > > Practices.)
>
> > OK, then hand me a clue and explain why ruing an iBGP mesh with 3-4
> > routers is so bad (seeing as Bassam Halabi didn't in his book).
>
> I would definately not recommend route reflection or a confederation in a
> network with such a small number of BGP routers: you add lots of
> complexity, potential for less optimal routing (and possibly obscure
> implementation problems) and the only thing you gain is not having to
>  the existing BGP routers when you add a new one.

In spirit of the above, I suggest you also do not have maintenance window,
forget about re-checking configs, enable to do the simpliest commands, and
of course let everyone try debugging any problems by typing random commands
into your routers. After all, your network consists of only 4 routers.

Alex

P.S. In case it not clear, the above paragraph is not what you should ever
do.