Re: Broadening the IPv6 discussion

  • From: Kurtis Lindqvist
  • Date: Fri Aug 30 05:06:38 2002

> >Driver #1 : Sell p00rn via IPv6 only.
> >
> >Sad but true. Content and use is all there is.
>
> Remember that multicast never happened either.
> How much it would take to "sponsor" free content over multicast to
> get it deployed. Don�t know if this would be approvable for government
> subsidies though.

I am not sure it has to be free. It just has to be available. As long as
there is no valuable content in v6 that I can't get in v4 there will be no
user drive to change.

What might happen is that ISPs start using IPv6 for their (as example) DSL
services to work around addressing problems. But that is not a userdriven
demand.

- kurtis -