building a better route reflector

  • From: dalph
  • Date: Thu Aug 29 16:25:38 2002

Running two routing protocols is too much of a hassle.  I think I would
rather use static routes, and synchronize routers using rsync, diff, and
patch.  Our NOC has several 286s running Xenix that could act as servers
for this.

This would eliminate the hassle of running OSPF, ISIS, or RIP.  Does
anyone know of a Tier-1 for under $30/Mbps that would run something like
this instead of BGP?  I'd love it if we didn't need any routing protocols.

-Dalph