Updated DNS monitoring

  • From: Rob Thomas
  • Date: Wed Aug 28 10:46:47 2002

Hi, NANOGers.

I've crafted several enhancements to my DNS monitoring suite.  I am now
monitoring the gTLD name servers, and you can see the data here:

http://www.cymru.com/DNS/gtlddns.html (graphs)
http://www.cymru.com/DNS/gtlddnstext.html (text)

I have enhanced the root and gTLD name server monitoring.  Now instead
of only graphing hourly query response, I am also graphing hourly ICMP
8 0 ("ping") response.  This may provide some additional insight during
periods of high latency; it may instead be specious as all get out.  ;)
You will find it here:

http://www.cymru.com/DNS/index.html

On a related note...

Are you lame?  Being lame means I will pick on you during my next
presentation.  Avoid this shame!  :)  Take a look at the lame server
report below.  It is updated weekly.  My thanks to those who donate to
the data.

http://www.cymru.com/DNS/lame.html

Comments, feedback, donated data, and peering sessions are always
welcome!

Thanks,
Rob.
--