Re: Paul's Mailfrom (Was: IETF SMTP Working Group Proposal at

  • From: Paul Vixie
  • Date: Tue Aug 27 19:22:24 2002

> >  ... (http://dcc.rhyolite.com/) ...
>
> 	Indeed, that is a cool idea.  I definitely want to look into
> that a lot more closely.  Perhaps we can combine this with deep
> blacklist checking (beyond just the first hop), tagging, and Bayesian
> content filtering.  Perhaps then we will have a temporary pass at a
> semi-decent anti-spam filter.

be careful when you gang things together.  spamassassin seems to be a
considered approach, but that doesn't mean more is always better.  as
has oft been said of PRNG's, adding complexity usually subtracts from
the quality.  if you combine too many kinds of spam filtering together
then you'll have that much more trouble figuring out what to tune when
you get a false positive.