Re: Paul's Mailfrom (Was: IETF SMTP Working Group Proposal at smtpng.org)

  • From: Valdis.Kletnieks
  • Date: Mon Aug 26 15:29:31 2002

On Mon, 26 Aug 2002 21:12:40 +0200, Jeroen Massar <[email protected]>  said:
> IMHO, Paul's idea is quite a good one, but all servers will need to be
> upgraded, and all dns entries installed.

Given the number of providers who seem to think ingress and/or rfc1918
filtering shouldn't be done, what makes you think that "all servers"
will be upgraded to support THIS proposal?

(If you don't want to re-start the RFC1918 war, feel free to substitute ANY
OTHER thing that most people think is a Good Thing, but we've seen some
sizable minority not deploy for reasons they consider perfectly valid).
--
				Valdis Kletnieks
				Computer Systems Senior Engineer