Re: mail delivery time on nanog-l (was Re: Die thread, DIE!)

  • From: Richard A Steenbergen
  • Date: Fri Aug 23 08:52:33 2002

On Thu, Aug 22, 2002 at 10:38:05PM -0700, Majdi S. Abbas wrote:

> 	Are the contents of the nanog list so incredibly important
> that we must get delivery within 5 minutes or less?  If it takes
> longer than 5 minutes to propagate, do you get your post free?

I've seen it be better, and I've also seen it be a lot worse. But if
speeding up the mail delivery time can stop the endless supply of useless
replies to things which have already been addressed, I'd suggest it's
worth it.

> 	Oh wait, the list is already free...hmm.  If you want
> near-instantaneous mail delivery, you can have it -- for a fee.
> As in all things, you get what you pay for.

And that $300 minimum * 500 people = $150k * 3 = $750k/yr charged at
meetings, that doesn't count?