RE: Eat this RIAA (or, the war has begun?) - Why not all ISPs?

  • From: N. Richard Solis
  • Date: Thu Aug 22 15:24:23 2002

IANAL but I the way I understand the law is that collusion among different
companies to exclude another company from a particular enterprise can be
considered antitrust.  In a practical sense, the exclusion must be
"effective" in that the excluded company would find it impossible to
compete.  A lot of smaller providers telling Sony to take a hike might not
meet the definition but all of the large networks getting together to keep
Soony sans Internet might do the trick.  Once again, IANAL.