RE: Eat this RIAA (or, the war has begun?) - Why not all ISPs?

  • From: Andy Dills
  • Date: Thu Aug 22 12:22:50 2002

On Thu, 22 Aug 2002, Nigel Clarke wrote:

> Jeff,
>
> In a nutshell you're saying do nothing.

I think doing nothing is the best course of action. I mean, the bill isn't
going to get passed. I think that has been evident for some time now.

In fact, I'm annoyed by all the people running around thinking the sky is
falling. Chill out. The RIAA is not going to come hacking your customers.
If they do, let's talk about it then.

And enough about implementing some new form of SMTP...I'll believe that
has a chance when I see IPv6 replace IPv4. Lot's of brilliant people have
come up with interesting ideas on how to "fix" SMTP, but they all seem to
give up at the "how do I get the world to implement this" stage.

Face it, this is a legacy industry. The bigger the net gets, the more
impossible it is to "fix".

Andy

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Andy Dills                              301-682-9972
Xecunet, LLC                            www.xecu.net
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dialup * Webhosting * E-Commerce * High-Speed Access