Re: Eat this RIAA (or, the war has begun?) - Why not all ISPs?

  • From: Valdis.Kletnieks
  • Date: Wed Aug 21 23:17:35 2002

On Wed, 21 Aug 2002 21:30:27 EDT, Richard A Steenbergen said:

> And what IPs precisely are you planning to deny? So far its all idle
> threats, we have no idea where they plan to launch their scans or hacking
> attempts from, or even if they have any clue how to hack anything. I
> highly doubt they'll be attaching riaa.com to it either.

If you read the URL originally referenced, they intend to blackhole riaa.com
itself, and then run a honeynet gnutella network.  Anything that pokes their
Gnutella and then does anything else on their net that looks suspicious will
get blackholed.

Just imagine it - lots and lots of ISPs running honeynet Gnutellas, and if
you poke around in it you get blackholed.  That would make the RIAA's day. ;)

--
				Valdis Kletnieks
				Computer Systems Senior Engineer