Re: Eat this RIAA (or, the war has begun?) - Why not all ISPs?

  • From: Richard A Steenbergen
  • Date: Wed Aug 21 21:57:58 2002

On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 09:36:29PM -0700, Nigel Clarke wrote:
> Start now, do whatever it takes.
>
> Amongst the paperwork passed to congress, RIAA must have indicated where
> it's hackers would work from. Why not start there?
>
> NANOG should not sit on this.
>
> Trust me, if RIAA tried to function without email and internet access for a
> day or two I think they would get the message.

Ok, start listing IPs...

If you have them (and can confirm them of course :P), I'm certain a dozen
people on this list would put up a bgp feed before you can say
"blackhole". Heck I'm certain people would have something to do if you
even knew the provider that was planning on giving them service for such
activities.

Until then, it's all a bunch of speculation, and my money is still on
"idle threats and hype".