RE: IETF SMTP Working Group Proposal at smtpng.org

  • From: Dave Israel
  • Date: Wed Aug 21 20:14:52 2002

Wow.  I turned my back on this thread to move to my new office,
and it got interesting.

The answer to your quesiton is, the cert itself can do this, if it
includes a unique/semi-unique identifier, such as an SSN, a name and
address, etc.  Many governments give their people some unique
identifier.  You sign up for my service and say you wanna send mail, I
say, "Sure!  Lemmie just check your ID against the revocation list..."

-Dave

--
Dave Israel
Senior Manager, DNE SE