RE: IETF SMTP Working Group Proposal at smtpng.org

  • From: Robert Blayzor
  • Date: Wed Aug 21 17:33:05 2002

> I know the DSL provider doesn't for the /29 serving my mail
> server.  It's
> under the general announcement for the ISP.  I can't even get them to
> personalize reverse DNS without knowing someone that runs the
> DNS servers.

If they've given you a /29 and they refuse to SWIP the block to you,
report them to ARIN along with the super block your on.  Also CC that
message to the contact listed on the ISP's ARIN admin contact.  I'm sure
you'll get someones attention or chances are they'll have a lot harder
time getting their next IP block assignment.

--
Robert Blayzor, BOFH
INOC, LLC

(A)bort, (R)etry, (T)hrow up?