RE: IETF SMTP Working Group Proposal at smtpng.org

  • From: Gary E. Miller
  • Date: Wed Aug 21 17:22:06 2002

Yo Robert!

How about moving this discussion to a more appropriate list?  Nanog
is not the place to discuss spam and we are re-inventing the wheel,
badly, on nanog.

Half the spam I get is from throw away AOL, netzero, earthlink, etc.
accounts.  Spend $10 for a new ISP account, sent 10,000 emails with
MY return address which is valid and on whitelists.  Do it on a long
weekend and get 30k out before you get stopped.

If the spammers can not run their own name servers then they will just
use someone elses.  Last I checked there where over 6,000 ISPs in the
country.  Cancel them one place and they just go to another.

RGDS
GARY
Gary E. Miller Rellim 20340 Empire Blvd, Suite E-3, Bend, OR 97701
	[email protected]  Tel:+1(541)382-8588 Fax: +1(541)382-8676