Re: IETF SMTP Working Group Proposal at smtpng.org

  • From: don
  • Date: Wed Aug 21 16:43:28 2002

I agree with getting personal mail servers registered, as far as paying $100 for a mail server registration (as mentioned in previous messages)...that's no good. As a user with a personal mail server, it is bad enough to have pay for connectivity and a domain name. Having to pay for the privilege of running a mail server is too much.

Robert Blayzor wrote:

What about individuals that run their own mail servers? (E.G. me).?
Get your mail server registered just like everyone else I suppose. If
your address space is not registered to you directly, your ISP would
have to do this for you. You're ISP would then handle any complaints
(if any) from the registrar and coordinate it with you directly. I
honestly like that idea because as a network operator, I like to know
what customers are running mail servers on our network, where they are,
and who owns them.

--
Robert Blayzor, BOFH
INOC, LLC

YOUR PC's broken and I'VE got a problem? -- The BOFH Slogan