RE: IETF SMTP Working Group Proposal at smtpng.org

  • From: Robert Blayzor
  • Date: Wed Aug 21 15:31:50 2002

> Really good idea (no sarcasm, I actually like it).. But what
> stops spammers
> from registering their mail server?..Ie..
> 	1) Get a dsl account
> 	2) Ips get swipped to you
> 	3) Register the server
> 	4) SPAM
> 	5) Apologize, get a second chance
> 	6) get booted off
> 	7) Call the next ISP with a zero install
> 	8) Rinse and repeat.

Treat them sort of like SSL certs now.  Charge an annual registrar fee
per company, not per server. (Something like $100 a year)  The more they
have to go out of their way to get their spam server online, the more
they would be deterred to do so.  They're only going to want to change
so many ISP's, go through SWIP and then change their legal name for the
registrar so many times.

--
Robert Blayzor, BOFH
INOC, LLC

Life would be much easier if I had the source code.