Re: Eliminating physical colocation (was Re: Shared facilities)

  • From: Mike Leber
  • Date: Wed Aug 21 13:58:43 2002

LOL, heck of a way to make it so they never have to sell another unbundled
network element.

Mike.

On Wed, 21 Aug 2002, Sean Donelan wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Aug 2002, Martin Hannigan wrote:
> > Since Sept 11, my experience probably doesn't cut the mustard, but that's
> > how it has been to this point.
>
> Consider the various public statements on colocation security.
>
> http://www.state.ma.us/dpu/catalog/6688.htm
>
>    "Verizon MA believes that the most effective means of ensuring network
>    safety and reliability is to eliminate physical collocation entirely in
>    all its COs, converting existing physical collocation arrangements to
>    virtual and requiring that all future collocation arrangements be
>    virtual only."
>
> Of course, this is a very different colocation model than used by
> companies such as Equinix.  Just because they use the same terms doesn't
> make them the same thing.

| Mike Leber           Direct Internet Connections   Voice 510 580 4100 |
| Hurricane Electric     Web Hosting  Colocation       Fax 510 580 4151 |
| [email protected]                                       http://www.he.net |