Re: IETF SMTP Working Group Proposal at smtpng.org

  • From: sjj
  • Date: Wed Aug 21 10:03:07 2002

> what are the more basic problems you're trying to fix?

 I'd like to be able to publish DNS records announcing my domain's *outbound*
mail servers, with nice abbreviated forms to say "they're the same as my
inbound (MX) records" or "any IP in x.y.z/24".  Then cooperative ISPs (like say
America Online) could refuse any email from my domain that originated from some
random cable modem, instead of accepting it and then flooding me with 20000
bounce messages.

> Spam?

 Yeh, but it would also help with things like KLEZ.