RE: Shared facilities (was Re: your mail)

  • From: N. Richard Solis
  • Date: Wed Aug 21 07:36:06 2002

Sean,

For a lot of people, these locations are a place to store an entire web
presence.  That might include order information or private email or credit
card records for an entire day's transactions.  My feeling is that the
general purpose of security at these locations is to make sure that no one
is tampering with any equipment in any way, to include unauthorized removal.

That was the point of my previous email.  The connections to those machines
and the data stored on them is what is of value in those locations, not the
physical security of the people.