RE: your mail

  • From: Deepak Jain
  • Date: Tue Aug 20 15:22:17 2002

> > Does any one else out there think smart hands at Equinix is a rip off? I
> > can send a package over night to the IBX for less than what it costs to
> > move it from the mailroom to my cage.  Just curious....
>
> Uh, yes. Equinix is a rip off in general. I got kicked out of Chicago
> using the side door. I was sick of the stupid man trap crap and noticed
> they had a door that was propped open in the back that leads outside. It
> was much easier to back the truck up there and go in and out. The whole
> thing is a joke, they spent a lot of cash to look good, but there is very
> little substance.

---

There are a few companies that spent money on "bullet-resistant" reception
areas [the purpose has always eluded me] -- when you ask if the loading dock
and all other entrances are similarly reinforced, you get the "no, of course
not!".

I guess the thought process is: basically assume the bad guys will go
through the front door and cooperate with the mantrap.

Then again (bringing this back to EQIX) -- they didn't spend money on
expensive signage, because no one would guess where the door is -- right? So
that's more of a savings than some other companies have/had/whatever.

DJ

I'm curious -- did they kick you out for the day, or terminate your contract
and move you out?