Re: Dave Farber comments on Re: Major Labels v. Backbones

  • From: Johannes Ullrich
  • Date: Sat Aug 17 16:51:20 2002

> > The record labels don't want to give you that choice.  If you read the
> > complaint you'll notice the record companies never attempted to contact
> > the immediate upstream ISP in China.  ...

<rant opinion=mine>
Well, maybe the record industry doesn't want to interfere
with the 'anti-copy' oriented Chinese authorities. Unlike
the US, China tightly controls regular xerox copy machines,
book printers and other so called 'free press' which could
easily be subverted to rob copyright holders left an right.
I think the RIAA and the like are right to attack the
problem at its source: Free Speech. Well, you may still be
able to voice your opinion, as long as you pay for it.
</rant>