Re: Echo

  • From: John R. Levine
  • Date: Sat Aug 17 16:26:16 2002
  • Newsgroups: iecc.lists.nanog

I have some fairly popular echoes at gurus.com, the most popular of
which is [email protected] (an address that never appeared anywhere,
oddly enough, although versions like [email protected] appear in
my books.)

It remembers each message it sends, and won't send more than five
messages per hour to any target mailbox.  Messages above that are
dropped, not delayed.

I don't ever recall a deliberate mailbomb, but I do get spam blasts
that would reverse mailbomb the forged From: address in the spam, and
the occasional loop. The rate limit has sufficed to keep things under
control.

Regards,
John Levine, [email protected], Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",
"Just how much hay did we buy?" asked Tom, balefully.