Re: Major Labels v. Backbones

  • From: Tim Thorne
  • Date: Sat Aug 17 07:45:22 2002

Richard A Steenbergen <[email protected]> wrote:

>Might I suggest filtering the websites of the offending "major labels" as
>an appropriate retort?

They'd probably end up filing suit for that too. I don't believe that
will affect them much. The whole music industry seems to be running
scared of new media. They obviously like the revenue from album sales
and figure that if people buy only a couple of mp3s tracks they will
earn less revenue. Try and buy an mp3 of something from Sony:

http://usa.sonymusic.com/music/catalog.html

File sharing will continue until the recording industry gives people
what they want. It is not about piracy, its about convenience.

In the meantime, you will have to continue to pay your staff, spend
your own time and upgrade your routers to do the RIAA's dirty work for
them. Happy networking.

Tim