LISA: sysadmin conference, take 16.

  • From: Gerald
  • Date: Thu Aug 15 12:39:22 2002

I got a chance to go to last years LISA for the first time. I had been
trying to go for 3 yrs. I have changed companies since then and am now
working for a lot smaller company that can't afford to pay for these kinds
of things which brings me to my question(s) for the list:

How can an individual that has passed beyond "student" status afford the
costs of LISA? I'm already a Usenix member in good standing, but even at
those rates, to attend the whole week is quite expensive for an
individual. (It's about equal to my rent here in NYC which isn't cheap)

Just wondering if any nanogers have tried to justify this cost to
themselves if they have had to pay for it, or if there's a hidden
"my-company-and-I-can't-afford-that-much" button/link on their web page.

TIA for input, and those that feel it's not on topic can reply to me off
list.

- How are ya? Never been better, ... Just once I'd like to be better.