Re: NANOG, its decline in s/n

  • From: Valdis.Kletnieks
  • Date: Thu Aug 08 17:50:47 2002

On Thu, 08 Aug 2002 14:32:14 PDT, Scott Granados said:
> I think you have some really good points.  I think a lot of us have
> fairly dark but similar senses of humor.  Its likely that  aybe people
> not used to this take things the wrong way sometimes.  I'm however not
> against being operation or careful and respectful but I actually enjoy
> some of the tongue and cheek responses on here.

I've said it about the IETF list, but it's equally applicable here.

The average poster has a fairly high chance of not being "all there" - which
is not surprising, as this is a self-reinforcing state in our industry.
After all - most of us have as our claim to fame the ability to talk to
inanimate objects and convince them they want to listen to us.
--
				Valdis Kletnieks
				Computer Systems Senior Engineer