Re: routing table size

  • From: k claffy
  • Date: Wed Aug 07 20:35:59 2002

richard; sorry for latency on this one

but might be worth reading andre's:
	"Internet expansion, refinement and churn",
	http://www.caida.org/outreach/papers/2002/EGR/
which shows that most prefixes in the table come from
large providers. among.andre.conclusions (there is
quite a bit in the paper):

	"transit ASes originate prefixes than non-transit ASes
	despite the fact that there are five times as many non-transit
	as transit ASes.
	[see table 16 of paper, p.11]

	the number of non-transit multihomed ASes grew from 46% to 49%
	from 2000 to 2001, but their share of global routes remained
	stable at 30%."

etc etc
there's a lot of stuff in there
not at all a waste of time