Re: DNS monitoring changes

  • From: bert hubert
  • Date: Wed Aug 07 08:31:36 2002

On Sun, Jul 28, 2002 at 09:02:12PM -0500, Rob Thomas wrote:

> Hi, NANOGers.
>
> I have added two additional data collection points to my DNS root name
> server monitoring.  I have also scaled the graphs (thanks, Howard!) and
> added a text only version.  You will find it all here:
>
> http://www.cymru.com/DNS

I once plotted the difference between the icmp latency and the dns latency,
which gives some kind of metric of server load, more than also taking the
network into account.

Cool graphs - http://mrtg-us.powerdns.com is also interesting, perhaps, it
plots a single nameserver hosting ~5000 domains.

Regards,

bert

--
http://www.PowerDNS.com          Versatile DNS Software & Services