RE: Deaggregating for emergency purposes

  • From: Phil Rosenthal
  • Date: Tue Aug 06 14:46:24 2002

---
So explain how this is superior to DNS entr(y|ies) stating who your
peers and upstreams are.  And there's nothing to say that one could not
specify allowed filters in DNS, too.

If someone wants me to advertise 192.168.7/24, and DNS indicates the
proper netblock is 192.168.0/19 and their ASN is not origin or adjacent
hop, I'll be suspicious.  What I do from there becomes a policy
question; I probably would contact the IP block owner to verify the
request.
---

My way isn't superior at all to a secure BGP solution, but until that
exists, I need a choice.

I am definitely on the bandwagon for the need for a secure BGP.

--Phil