Re: Deaggregating for emergency purposes

  • From: Omachonu Ogali
  • Date: Tue Aug 06 14:43:11 2002

On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 02:07:13PM -0400, Phil Rosenthal wrote:

> IRR pollution helps because all of *MY* uplinks filter, even if theirs
> don't.
> --Phil

*sigh*
Here is one example of why IRR polution will not work:
--snip--
route:              198.41.0.0/24
descr:              PNAP-WDC
	                   netsol-2
origin:             AS19836
mnt-by:             INAP-MAINT-RADB
changed:            [email protected] 20010313
source:             RADB

route:        198.41.0.0/24
descr:        Inic-route
origin:       AS6245
mnt-by:       INIC-MAINT-MCI
changed:      [email protected] 19990406
source:       CW

route:        198.41.0.0/24
descr:        HarvardNet Transit Client route object
origin:       AS6082
mnt-by:       HARVARDNET
changed:      [email protected] 20010129
source:       CW

route:        198.41.0.0/24
descr:        PNAP-WDC
descr:        netsol-2
origin:       AS19836
mnt-by:       INAP-MAINT-MCI
changed:      [email protected] 20010313
source:       CW

route:         198.41.0.0/24
descr:         Proxy-registered route object for Sprint :-)
origin:        AS11840
remarks:       auto-generated route object
remarks:       this next line gives the robot something to recognize
remarks:       The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.
remarks:
remarks:       This route object is for a Sprint customer route
remarks:       which is being exported under this origin AS.
remarks:
remarks:       This route object was created because no existing
remarks:       route object with the same origin was found, and
remarks:       we really just wanted to help out those poor Sprint
remarks:       folks who have an aversion to registering routes.
remarks:
remarks:       We hope they have a sense of humor.
remarks:
remarks:       Please contact [email protected]
remarks:       if you have any questions regarding this object.
mnt-by:        SPRINT-MNT
changed:       [email protected] 20020319
source:        LEVEL3
--snip--

Two, you're betting on everyone setting a high value for their
local-preference with Verio and Peer1, you don't know who prefers
who.

But hey, I give up, this conversation is most likely going to
continue in the form of a circle.