Re: Verizon experiencing routing issues?

  • From: Richard A Steenbergen
  • Date: Mon Aug 05 12:48:48 2002

On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 09:28:06AM -0700, Mark Kent wrote:

> >> Is anyone aware of Verizon having any routing issues at this time?
>
> Yes, I just saw a traceroute on nanog that, even though
> it didn't include a source or destination IP address,
> firmly convinced me that Verizon was having problems.

You don't consider the routing loop it contained to be a problem? :)

There is a fine art to being bitchy on nanog, and the first rule is "make
certain you are right" (for good examples, read Randy Bush posts). Now if
you had simply pointed out that noone cares about verizon's routing loop
for his T1, that would have been different. :)