Re: If you have nothing to hide

  • From: bdragon
  • Date: Mon Aug 05 12:03:55 2002

> Of course, I mean denial of service attacks using source routing, i.e. made
> possible by use of same. I guess I need to be semantically perfect and
> I don't always have a wonderful command of the english language it seems,
> but please grant that I'm not stupid.
>
> Thanks

I understood what you were saying, I just was not aware of any attacks
which used source routing.

I was, and am, asking for clarification on that.

Is it just a simple "overwhelm the router with whatever ip options I can"
type attack? Or are you aware of people actively using source routing
to get around weak defenses? Something else?