Re: RE:tisk tisk--retract

  • From: Mike Forrester
  • Date: Thu Aug 01 13:08:39 2002

You can't argue with the need for storage and bandwidth.  Well, I guess you
could, but I wouldn't listen.

>From the FAQ...

8.18 - Why does www.openbsd.org run on Solaris?
Although none of the developers think it is particularly relevant, this
question comes up frequently enough in the mailing lists that it is answered
here. www.openbsd.org and the main OpenBSD ftp site are hosted at a SunSITE
at the University of Alberta, Canada. These sites are hosted on a large Sun
system, which has access to lots of storage space and Internet bandwidth.
The presence of the SunSITE gives the OpenBSD group access to this
bandwidth. This is why the main site runs here. Many of the OpenBSD mirror
sites run OpenBSD, but since they do not have guaranteed access to this
large amount of bandwidth, the group has chosen to run the main site at the
University of Alberta SunSITE.