RE: redundancy [was: something about arrogance]

  • From: Derek Samford
  • Date: Tue Jul 30 13:41:15 2002

That is even worse than what we have been talking about. You should be
running a P2P T1 back to yourself, and distributing the access from a
POP, or have the carrier you're reselling the T1 for allocate a /24.
There is no reason to run BGP for a single /24 whatsoever, it should be
announced in Carrier address space. Using your AS for another company
totally violates the whole idea of an "Autonomous System".

Derek