RE: Bogon list or Dshield.org type list

  • From: Phil Rosenthal
  • Date: Sat Jul 27 20:21:43 2002

Title: Message
I can comment on the dshield list.
I have seen this before.  I am checking one particular IP on my network that has a very popular freehost on it.  Checking the load balancer IP (connections cannot be originated from this IP) -- it shows that there were 13 attacks initiated from the IP, and 7 targets.  Whatever their algorithm is, it doesn't seem reliable enough for me to trust it if an IP that can not originate connections is listed as an attacker (albeit small on their list)
--Phil