Re: solving problems instead of beating heads on walls [was: something about arrogance]

  • From: C. Jon Larsen
  • Date: Sat Jul 27 16:59:15 2002

A. one can always find different providers. If you are trying to build
something and you don't have the right tools then get new tools. If you
can't afford multiple redundant links between pieces of your own AS and
you want to use an upstream to provide this for you then you must pick a
upstream that has a presence in each location. I think this is the
fundamental element that Ralph has missed.

B. He mentioned that one of the reasons he thought he needed to announce
more specifics was in the event the link between the two cities. I'm
pointing out that this is simply not a valid reason.

--

C. Jon Larsen Chief Technology Officer, Richweb.com (804.307.6939)
SMTP: [email protected] (http://richweb.com/cjl_pgp_pub_key.txt)

Richweb.com:
Designing Open Source Internet Business Solutions since 1995
Building Safe, Secure, Reliable Cisco-Powered Networks since 1995